Santa Rosa Homes for Sale
Santa Rosa is a bustling city that lies right in the heart of wine country, not far from popular destinations like Napa, Sonoma, or even anywhere in nearby Marin County. Acting as the county seat, Santa Rosa is easily Sonoma County’s largest city and now has a population of well over 174,000 people. In addition, San Francisco is only about 55 miles south of Santa Rosa, making it a great suburban location to call home without ever being too far from plenty of big city amenities and attractions to enjoy as well.
Santa Rosa Real Estate
As a mid-size city, housing options are certainly more plentiful and diverse in Santa Rosa than in many of Sonoma County’s smaller towns. Single-family homes still make up the bulk of the Santa Rosa real estate market, but buyers aren’t just limited to luxury homes or sprawling vineyard estates with a multi-million price tag. Instead, plenty of more affordable cottage and bungalow style homes are found all over the Santa Rosa area, including some that are even priced in the upper $400,000s and lower $500,000s. But on the flip side, there's also no shortage of higher-end homes and hillside mansions scattered throughout Santa Rosa too, which sit mostly on the outskirts of town so home owners can enjoy lots of open space and sweeping views of the magnificent natural landscape that helps define Sonoma County as a whole.
Amenities and Attractions in Santa Rosa
Annadel State Park lies just outside of Santa Rosa, which is noted for its miles of hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding trails, as well as for all the variations of wildflowers that on display each and every spring and early summer. And thanks to all the shopping, dining, arts, and cultural attractions that fill out downtown Santa Rosa, many also view this bustling city as perhaps the best place to stay when out and about exploring other parts of the Wine Country region. Oh, and if you only happen to visiting Santa Rosa rather than looking for a home in town, also don’t forget to stop by the Children’s Museum of Sonoma County, which happens to be one of our favorite tourist attractions in the entire Bay Area.
Local Schools in Santa Rosa
- Montgomery High School 1250 Hahman Dr, Santa Rosa, CA
- Santa Rosa High School - 1235 Mendocino Ave, Santa Rosa, CA
- Piner High School - 1700 Fulton Rd, Santa Rosa, CA
- Mesa High School - 325 Ridgway Ave, Santa Rosa, CA
- Elsie Allen High School - 599 Bellevue Ave, Santa Rosa, CA
- Santa Rosa Middle School - 500 E St, Santa Rosa, CA
- Rincon Valley Middle School - 4650 Badger Rd, Santa Rosa, CA
- Herbert Slater Middle School - 3500 Sonoma Ave, Santa Rosa, CA
- Austin Creek Elementary School - 1480 Snowy Egret Dr, Santa Rosa, CA
- Brook Hill Elementary School - 1850 Vallejo St, Santa Rosa, CA
- Steel Lane Elementary School - 301 Steele Ln, Santa Rosa, CA