I just listed a move-in ready, mid-century home located in the Midtown Terrace neighborhood of San Francisco. This is a great, updated home in a wonderful location close to transportation, shopping and more!
79 Midcrest Way in San Francisco
Built in 1962, this 2 bedroom / 1 bathroom home maintains much of its original, mid-century charm but features a number of recent upgrades including:
- Remodeled kitchen with designer finishes + new stainless steel appliances,
- Hip, updated bathroom with magnificant tile work and modern fixtures,
- Modern landscaping and yard including Ipe decking, custom lighting, and hot tub,
- 1 car garage parking with...
Many people are asking me "How is the real estate market in Marin County?"
With all of the recent media attention that the housing market has received at both the national and regional level, it has become harder for buyers and sellers to separate fact from fiction.
Yes, the market has slowed down but is still strong, especially when compared to other areas of the country or even other counties in the Bay Area. In general though, most areas of Marin County have transitioned from a seller's market to a buyer's market. Here are some interesting month-to-date (September 1- September 25, 2007) facts regarding the Marin housing market:
- The number of active listings in Marin County are 1,061, with only 194 homes in contract. With only 18% of homes in contract, Marin County has turned the corner and is, by definition, a buyers market (buyers market...
The Marin County Sustainability Team is hosting a free e-waste recycling event this weekend at the Marin County Fairgrounds. This back-to-school, electronics recycling event is a great opportunity to safely and efficiently dispose of any unused electronics you may have at no cost.
Since e-waste is no longer accepted for disposal at the landfill and can be costly to recycle, this is a chance to rid yourself of electronics that you may no longer utilize. There is no limit to the quantity of items you can bring to recycle and both broken and unbroken recyclables are welcome!
Event and venue details are as follows:
Date + Time: September 15 + 16, 2007, 8am to 3pm
Location: 10 Avenue of the Flags, San Rafael
Modern landscape design buffs should mark their calendars for the Thomas Church event in Sonoma which is scheduled for this Thursday, September 6, 2007 from 2-8pm.
This special event honoring the father of modern, California Style landscape architecture will include a series of lectures followed by a tour of the Donnel Gardens in Sonoma which Thomas Church designed in 1948.
Speakers and panel members for this unique event include:
- Zahid Sardar, SF Chronicle Design Editor
- Marc Treib, U. of CA - Berkeley, Prof. of Architecture & Landscape Historian
- Waverly Lowell, U. of CA - Berkeley, Curator of Environmental Design Archives
- JC Miller, Rohston Hanamoto Alley & Abey, Landscape Architect
- Pam-Anela Messenger, Landscape Architect
- Sandra Donnell & Justin Faggioli, Owners & Stewards
- David Sheppard, Donnell Garden Manager
By popular request, we have recently expanded the custom property search capabilities on our Marin Modern real estate website to include more of the San Francisco North Bay communities. In addition to Marin County, users can now search for real estate in Napa, Sonoma, Solano, Lake and Mendocino Counties.
Searching for property or homes in these additional North Bay Counties is very easy and provides users with helpful information for Northern California home buyers including extensive property details, photos, maps, price change alerts and helpful days on market information for all listings in Sonoma, Napa and more.
To search these newly added counties, users can either: