Marin County Fair Goes Green
The 63rd Marin County Fair, which will be held at the Marin Civic Center Fairgrounds (located directly across from the famous civic center designed by noted architect Frank Lloyd Wright), will feature a variety of family-friendly events with a strong "green" and eco-friendly theme which includes:
- Progressive Keynote speakers including environmental lifestyle expert Danny Seo as well as Martin Eberhard, Founder and Former CEO of Tesla Motors
- Green Auto Show featuring vehicles that utilize the latest alternative fuels and technology including hybrid, electric, compressed natural gas, plug-in hybrid, high MPG gasoline, ethanol and biodiesel
- Interactive Exhibit on Green Living offering practical ideas and tips for living green and minimizing your impact on the environment.
- Green Life Discussions including more than 25 lectures and "hands on" sessions which cover a variety of topics related to green, eco-friendly living.
- Healthy Dining Options, all served on biodegradable plates, cups and flatware.
Additionally, more traditional family-friendly fair activities will take place including:
- Live Music from Joan Jett, Los Lobos, War, Steel Pulse, and others,
- Amusement Park Rides, Carnival Games, and Vendor booths
- Children's Petting Zoo
- Food and Drink
- Fireworks each night at 9:30pm
The Marin County Fair will be open from July 2 - July 6, from 11am to 11pm. Admission is $14.00 for adults, $12.00 for seniors as well as kids between 4 and 12 years old, free for children under 4 years old.
Have a great 4th of July! We hope to see you there!
View Larger Map