It's Italian Street Painting Festival Time Again!!
This year there will be 100 master street painters who will create an amazing gallery on the streets near the San Rafael Mission. It's a very fun and eye-candy experience to see these creations! A feature this year will be a 3D painting of Rome's iconic Trevi Fountain.. a major highlight of this this painting will actually take 5 days to create by world-famous Master Madonnara, Julie Kirk-Purcell, and a group of young adult artists being who are being mentored on anamorphic technique (dictionary.com defines anamorphic as having or producing unequal magnifications along two axes perpendicular to each other).
There's activities, music, food and fun for all at this yearly event. Here are some of the highlights:
- For the Kids - Toddlers 2 to 12-year-olds are invited to design their own street paintings at Children's Avenue. Each child will be provided a 2'x2' square and a box of chalk. Fee: $10
- Experience the myths and magic of Bocca della Verità - A reproduction of Rome's Mouth of Truth created by Pennsylvania sculptor, John A. Mayer.
- Visit the RareArtist Gallery to view artwork showcasing the artistic talents of those whose lives are touched by rare disease. Gallery includes artwork from EveryLife Foundation's RareArtist contest, and the work of Mauricio Saravia, an accomplished painter, poet, musician and actor who passed away from a rare disease in 2008.
- Experience the talents of Marin teens - Youth in Arts student street painters will welcome visitors into the event with a visual taste of the Rome experience.
- Great Music- Sharing the stage with the Madonnari will be some of the best sounds of Bay Area music talent.
- Raffle PrizesTickets will be available for purchase ($5 each or 5 for $20). Prize packages include California Film Institute memerships and tickets to Mill Valley Film Festival events, gift certificates to restaurants throughout Marin, a Sonoma County get-away package, Club Seats to a San Francisco Giants game and much more!
- Silent Auction Bid to win artwork on display from the RareArtist Gallery. PLUS a very special painting of Audrey Hepburn by artist Heiner Meyer, donated by Sean Hepburn Ferrer. Valued at $7,500.
- Italian Street Painting Marin is a community outreach program of EveryLife Foundation for Rare Diseases
- Tickets available at event entrances and at Brown Paper Tickets: $10 or $15 for a two-day pass. Children 12 and under FREE.
- Event Hours: Saturday 10AM - 8PM, Sunday 10AM - 6PM
If you'd like to know more about Marin County, give me a call (415) 640-0336 or email me, [email protected]
Post a Comment